Beanie Babies Error Price Guide

Many Beanie Babies were made with factory spelling or Tag errors. Below is a list of confirmed sales of errors that are known to exist. Often times, an error doesn’t raise the value of the Beanie Babies. Only a few errors truly command big money on the secondary market.

Wrong Tush Tags:

• Spooky: with Scoop Tush Tag
  • Stinky: with Sly Tush Tag – $9.99
  • Stretch: with Prance Tush Tag
  • Wrinkles: with Spike Tush Tag
  • Ziggy: with Derby Tush Tag – Authenticated$29.99

Gasport Instead of Gosport Error

These are very common to find and have next to zero added value.

1999 Signature Bear: with Gasport instead of Gosport on Swing Tag
Scorch: with Gasport instead of Gosport on Swing Tag
Slippery: with Gasport instead of Gosport on Swing Tag – $0.99
Stilts: with Gasport instead of Gosport on Swing Tag
Valentina: with Gasport instead of Gosport on Swing Tag – $5.99
Whisper: with Gasport instead of Gosport on Swing Tag

Millennium Beanie Babie Error

The word Millennium is misspelled “Millenium” on the Swing & Tush Tag. This is a very common, lot’s of them exist. On their best day, an error Millennium might sell for $20.00 online. Typically they sell for $0.99-$9.99.

Click on the images for a larger view

Garcia the Bear Errors

garcia

Garcia the Bear
Poem says “The Beanies use to follow” instead of “used”
Made in Korea Tush Tags
Sold For: $45.00 + $5.00 Shipping
*Most error Made in China Garcia Bears sell in the $10 range.

Garcia the Bear is well known to represent the Grateful Dead leader Jerry Garcia. It’s believed Ty retired the Garcia Bear because of pressure from the Garcia family who received no royalties from sales of the Bear.

The same day Ty retired the Garcia Bear, May 11, 1997, they introduced the Peace Bear which is the exact same as the Garcia Bear except the peace symbol and the name change.

Additional Garcia Bear Errors: Garcia with Blackie Heart Tag

Garcia the Bear Pictures: Click for larger image

Peace Bear Errors & Variations

Peace: with Gasport instead of Gosport on Swing Tag
Peace: with Blackie Tush Tag
Peace: with “Original” misspelled “Oriiginal” on Heart Tag
Peace: with “Surface” misspelled “Suface” on Heart Tag
Peace: with Surface Wash Sticker – $6.76

Peace Bear errors are fairly common. They typically sell in the $3-20 range online.

Other Errors

• Beezee: With “Return” Tag for Reference instead of “Retain”.
  • Chocolate: with misspelled Tush Tag “Chocholate”
  • Curly: with with Original misspelled “Oriiginal” & “Surface” misspelled “Suface”
  • Hippity: with with Original misspelled “Oriiginal” & “Surface” misspelled “Suface”
  • Inky the Octopus (with 7 legs) – $56.76
  • Kuku: ! space error on poem
  • Roary: with with Original misspelled – $9.00
  • Slippery: ! space error on poem
  • Steg: “FOR AGES 3AND UP”.  – Authenticated$60.00
  • Tuffy: with with Original misspelled “Oriiginal” & Surface Wash Sticker – $8.99
  • Tusk: with mispelled “Tuck” on 4th Gen Swing Tag
  • The End: ! space error on poem
  • Valentino: with Original misspelled “Oriiginal” – Sold For: $2.50
  • Valentino: with with Original misspelled “Oriiginal” & Surface Wash Sticker

Goldie the Fish
Heart Tag Generation: 4th
Tush Tag Generation: 3rd
Error: Surface misspelled “Surfrace” on Tush Tag

Ally the Alligator
Heart Tag Generation: 4th
Tush Tag Generation: 3rd
Error: Surface misspelled “Surfrace” on Tush Tag

Runner Ferret Weasel

Mean (Rare) Poem:
“I’m not so mean, I’m really shy
But every cobra has to die,
I grab them by their little head
And whack them till they’re stone cold dead!”

Nice Poem:
“A ferret, mongoose, weasel or mink
What am I . . . what do you think?
Find a book, look and see
I’m whatever you want me to be!”

If you know of more error Beanie Babies please leave a comment below!

Click Here to Leave a Comment Below

Mandy - 22 January, 2017

I have a peace bear with the following errors and details listed below. Any information is appreciated. I am confused about its value

*original spelled “origiinal”
*born 1996
* tush tag says made with pe pellets.
*surface wash sticker on the back of the heart tag

Maybe other error but I am still learning.

Carol - 22 January, 2017

I have a minsky rabbit that is spelled minksy on both tags.

Jennifer - 17 January, 2017

I have a Kiwi with absolutely no tush tag and never had one. Anyone else have this??

Linda Smith - 13 January, 2017

I have several BB’s with errors but is Halo and Halo ll with black eyes and a brown nose actually an error? Thanks!

glorianne - 13 January, 2017

I have “dog” with a huge glob of glue coming from his left eye. Is that anything of value?

Haley Waldrop - 13 January, 2017

I have two Goochy Beanie Babies that both have the misspelled Gasport, along with a Smoochy that also has the misspelled Gasport.

Janet grenville - 7 January, 2017

Ally I forgot name addresd

Anonymous - 7 January, 2017

I have an ally ty beanie babie mint cond.w/11 errors but one extremly rare one is on inside top left were Tyinc is all caps and no space between it it looks like thisTYINC

jason - 3 January, 2017

I have a 1993 “Curly” beanie baby with p.v.c. pellets. the inside of the swing tag is blank with no printing what so ever. Is this an error and how rare is this?

Joshua Browm - 1 January, 2017

I have a goatee that has Gosport spelled correctly but the other mistakes are still there….including the date not matching from the swing tag with the tush tag…..there is no stamp inside the tush tag and the gap is there before the exclamation point, yet Gosport is spelled correctly. No one can explain it.

Julia Fox - 29 December, 2016

I have a McDonalds carded Erin the Bear that is mounted upside down on the top of the card instead of right side up on the lower part of the card where the doors are to remove it. Is this worth anything?

susan ober - 29 December, 2016

I have a strut that 1 leg was not sewn on correctly. How would I determine the value? Thank you

Abel Garcia - 23 December, 2016

I have Ty osito with errors date of birth tush tag error hologram tag

Anonymous - 21 December, 2016

I have Doby with no print on a side of tag

j.henderson0919@gmail .com

Janet Grenville - 21 December, 2016

I have Squealer the pink beanie baby pig I have at least 11 errors I have found and maybe more I don’t know who to talk to I want to sell him but I think he is extremely rare

Linda Waite - 20 December, 2016

I was going through some older beanie babies I have packed away and found a Weenie dachshund with a Snort hang tag and Weenie tush tag. I haven’t been able to find any information on whether anyone else has seen this.

Courtney B - 25 February, 2017

Linda I have this one as well, but still have not found a price value for it.

KATHY vessels - 19 December, 2016

How much should I sell curly bear with errors on eBay

Ellen - 19 December, 2016

Is the Kicks bear with swing tag saying 1998 and butt tag saying 1999 of value?

George - 12 December, 2016

We have all four 1999 Ronald McDonald House Beanies with the sought after 1993 tush tag error. They’re still in their packages. Would love to sell them.

Deborsh Gallant - 12 December, 2016

I have a Snort with Tabascos name in his poem on the hang tag

Diana - 12 December, 2016

I have come across a Beanie Baby Fortune 1998 Oakrock, IL with a Hang Tag for Erin including Erin’s poem. Date of birth March 17, 1997. Tush Tag states Fortune 1998 Ty Inc.

heath - 12 December, 2016

My 1997 “Snort” Beanie Buddy Bull has the wrong swing tag….his tag says his name is “Red,” a name which belongs to a bear…..

Arlene - 10 December, 2016

I have a Gobbles with an Inky tush tag.

Janet Grenville - 10 December, 2016

Hi,
I have tank the armadillo he has nored little star on tush tag is it a common error.

David - 9 December, 2016

I have a halo with a white star on the hang tag, and a spacing error on the poem. Does that increase the value at all?

I also have a mystic and a fetch with different dates on the hang, and tush tags. Does that increase value at all?

BeanCounter - 8 December, 2016

I have a Britannia bear, Indonesian made, without the flag.
It also has the Valentino swing tag.
The bear is lighter in color, a little more tan than Britannia should be.
I wonder if it is worth getting authenticated…..

Kevin - 7 December, 2016

I have the curly with wrong date on tush tag same as the 15k one I seen on eBay is that price realistic I do not have the PVC filler

Kevin - 7 December, 2016

I have a jake with tag dates not matching. I have a freckles 4066 style also with PVC I have a doby PVC. Nuts PVC. Stretch PVC.

Ky - 7 December, 2016

I have jake with swing tag and tush tag do not match dates

Ame - 4 December, 2016

I have Chocolate with a 3rd edition tush tag that has the “sufrace” typo. I also noticed in the poem on the swing tag that “moose” is actually typed as “rnoose” Hard to tell at a glance that it’s not a real “m.” I haven’t come across anybody else with this error. Has anybody else seen/heard of this?

Grace - 29 November, 2016

I have Millennium and on the heart tag it say Millenium and on the tush tag it say Millennium. They are both different is that REALLY RARE?

L - 27 November, 2016

bananas the monkey’s tag says “suite” instead of suit

Gary Dobson - 27 November, 2016

I have a Bennie baby ( Chip ) miss spelled month Jenuary the word mixing is spelled nixing is it worth anything

Kat - 25 November, 2016

I have a Waves Beanie Baby with a Princess hang tag… likely to be worth anything?

Kat - 25 November, 2016

I have a Waves beanie baby that has a Princess hang tag – do you reckon this would be worth anything?

Anonymous - 23 November, 2016

I just came across Radar with PVC pellets and the word ‘flies’ in the poem is spelled ‘ files’

Reba Verburgt - 15 November, 2016

I have a Weenie Dauchund with a Gobbles tush tag. Tags and items are in great condition, but my grandson took off the “Ty” tags. Does anyone know is they are worth anything, how much, or is anyone interested in purchasing them? Thanks.

Frances Clift - 8 November, 2016

I have a Congo gorilla or ape with the name Gracie on the tag.

Frances Clift - 8 November, 2016

I came across a Congo ape or gorilla with a tush tag that says Gracie.

Theresa Manley - 4 November, 2016

I have a ty ( pouch) kangaroo style no.4161 on the inside heart tag but on the left side of heart tag on the last name it says : ty Deutschland 90008 Nurnberg
Handmade in china
Is that rare being that’s from Germany??

Mariah - 31 October, 2016

I have a Valentino bear with p.v.c pellets, Original spelled “Origiinal”, Surface spelled “suface”, has a red star on the tush tag & no stamp.

I also have a Valentina with Gosport spelled “Gasport”, and a silver collectable stamp (if thats the word for it), no red star & no stamp on the inside of the tush tag.
Would that make these valuable?

Mykell Pfau - 31 October, 2016

I’ve found an Iggy with Rainbow hang and tush tags, a rainbow with an Iggy hang tag was wondering the rarity of these? I’m sure I’ll find more as my grandmother was an avid collector! Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Chrissie Curry - 30 October, 2016

What are the different tush tags that are talked about (chocolate tush tag, sly tush tag)?
Thanks,

Melissa - 21 October, 2016

I have a Mattie (the cat) Beanie Baby with a hand tag that has five silver stars above the words beanie babies. It doesn’t look like any of the generation tags you listed….is this an error?

Anonymous - 21 October, 2016

I have a Scoop beanie baby with a “Batty” hang tag, birth date 1996 with style number. I also have a Seaweed beanie baby where P.V.C is missing the period after the C., 1995, style number in tag.

Jodi - 18 October, 2016

Carnation Beanie birth-date 6/22/02
In the first sentence of the poem states: I’m pink, I’m pink, ‘image’ that.. It should say ‘imagine’ instead. The back of the swing tag states: ‘Surface Wash’ instead of Surface Washable. No where on either tags states where it was made.
I’ve have spent endless hours trying to find another Carnation Beanie with errors on the internet with no avail.
Do you or anyone reading this have any information please. ~Thank You~

Justin - 17 October, 2016

I know tush tag errors are common but what about a hoppity rabbit with a claude the crab hang tag on it?

Katlynn - 17 October, 2016

I have a Clubby II bear. The swing tag is labeled Clubby II and looks identical to Clubby II but the tush tag is labeled Clubby. Any ideas on this error or whether or not it would be considered rare or of higher value?

Anon - 16 October, 2016

What about the Beanie Baby Club bear named Clubby? (I think that’s his name) They originally sent out so many in a lighter red/brown/grey fabric (can’t think how to describe) but once it became more popular they retired the original and sent out a navy blue Clubby with a Beanie Baby Club plastic patch over the heart. I haven’t been able to find information on them! May have missed it on the site 🙂

wendy - 16 October, 2016

hi there, i have a strut beanie with the quackers tush tag.. haven’t seen this anywhere.. it’s pvc pellets, no stamp inside tush, and a few errors like extra spacing on hang tag… Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

Anonymous - 14 October, 2016

Halo and Halo II have Brown nose black eyes error

marianne - 11 October, 2016

I have a magenta Patti the Platapus with a typo on its tush tag “sufrace washable”

also have a valentino with a brown nose and the “origiinal” and “suface” errors

Tarra - 11 October, 2016

I have a McDonald’s glory bear with a tag error on the tush tag say 1993 instead of 1997. Is this worth anything.

tammy - 9 October, 2016

I have a “waves” that is a grave dalphen! Its supposed to be black..

Crystal - 6 October, 2016

Hello. I have an “ears” bunny that has a “bones” tush tag….. does that change his value at all?

Gwen - 1 October, 2016

I have Halo II with a hang tag that says “Beanie Baby’s” . Is this worth anything ?

sara - 1 October, 2016

I have a Canyon and the poem has some errors. It reads
I climb rocks and run really fast
Try to catch me, it’s a blast
Through the mountains, Iused to room
Now in your yoom, I’ll call it home !
Is there any added value because of this?

Sabrina White - 30 September, 2016

Wow there’s a lot of comments errors listed here.

Sherry - 29 September, 2016

I have a Curly DOB 4-12-96 & tush tag of 1993. I have heard that it is worth some good money. Is there any way to know?

Penelope - 26 September, 2016

I have two Rainbow the Chameleons. One is slightly smaller than the other, colors a tad different. But the big difference is the neck flap, one is pointed and the other is rounded.

JEANETTE GAUCI - 25 September, 2016

I HAVE A 1997 SNAKE BEANIE BABY WITH 5TH GENERATION TUSH TAG WITH NAME HISSY AND A 4TH GENERATION HANG TAG WITH WRINKLES STYLE 4103 DOB 5/1/96 CAN YOU TELL ME HOW RARE THIS IS AND APPROX THE VALUE AS WELL

JEANETTE GAUCI - 25 September, 2016

I HAVE A “CURLY” BEANIE BABIE THAT HAS A DATE OF BIRTH : APRIL 12,1996 AND A TUSH TAG OF 1993, BUT DOES HAVE A NUMBER STAMP ON THE INSIDE OF THE TUSH TAG. HOW MUCH IS THIS ONE WORTH, IT IS A 5TH GEN HANG TAG FOR SURE. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU CAN

Jessica Lusk - 19 September, 2016

Hello,

I have a freckles the Leopard beanie. The tush tag is correct, but the swing tag says stripes and has the birthday and poem for stripes the tiger. Is this rare?

Rich - 13 September, 2016

Have another tag with my tush tag, it has 2086484?

V - 13 September, 2016

I have a “Mystic” unicorn with iridescent horn with tag error of 1994 on heart shaped tag that opens like book but 1993 in tush tag. What makes the difference in generations on the tush tags? Does this have any value?

L. Forrest - 12 September, 2016

I have a Beanie Baby 2.0 “Scaredy” the black cat. There is an error in that the 2007 birthday on the hang tag does not match the 2008 date on the tush tag. I have not found this error anywhere else and am wondering how much that makes mine worth?

valeriya - 8 October, 2016

To my best knowledge that is not an error. It means that Scaredy was first introduced in 2007, and yours was issued in 2008.

Frances franklin - 12 September, 2016

I have a lot of beanie babies made in Indonesia and w errors but are all 4th generation I believe. Where can I go to get true value of them

Ffranklin

Love My Beanies - 13 September, 2016

Selling Beanie Babies is very difficult because there are way more sellers than buyers, but eBay is the most active marketplace.

Linda Gabrielse - 11 September, 2016

I have a lavender Happy the Hippo with a hang tag that is blank. Is this rare?

Anonymous - 10 September, 2016

I have a smitten with a uppercase letter thats where its not supposed to be. how much is it?

gregg - 9 September, 2016

is there more than one iggy. I have seen some with tongues and some without. is one more valuable than the other.
thanks

brenda - 9 September, 2016

i have runner with 2 different poems or sayings on them. one is kind of disturbing… are these worth anything if you have them both

Alicia Eccleston - 8 September, 2016

Hi, my Echo the Dolphin has different size eyes

Jason - 7 September, 2016

Ok. I have a very interesting princess Diana bear. Has space. 472 marked on inside of tag. Made in China. P.E. Pellets. 1997. Here is the oddity: The star on the hang tag is white (not yellow) with black lettering.

Anonymous - 8 September, 2016

if it has a mark on the inside of the tag it means its a fake

Anonymous - 16 September, 2016

No the red circle inside the rag means it was a Chinese factory number.

Anonymous - 31 January, 2017

No it doesn’t. It means the opposite.

Jenny E. - 24 October, 2016

The stamp on the inside of the Tush Tag does not make it a “fake”, it means it is a later generation tag and that indicates that it is not the valuable version of your Beanie.

Ginger Zgrada - 6 September, 2016

The prices listed on ebay for some of these, are they realistic? For example, Peace with the errors is listed for thousands on ebay.

Love My Beanies - 6 September, 2016

Some of the prices on eBay are not realistic but many of them are. I would search by sold listings and by lowest price to get a realistic idea on any given beanie.

gregg - 6 September, 2016

why do some beanies have birthdates on hang tag, but have different date on tush tag. is this common

Love My Beanies - 6 September, 2016

Hello! That is how they were originally made.

Linda - 6 September, 2016

Do you have any info on “Scurry” 2000 spider beanie baby?

Sabrina White - 30 September, 2016

Scurry was not a spider. Scurry was a Beetle.

Mary - 5 September, 2016

Ally with Seamore tush tag 1993, PVC

Nicola ward - 4 September, 2016

I have a few with errors if anybody could help me with what they are worth I’d be grateful.
I have 2 pudsey one made in China and one made in Indonesia
I have a few more made in Indonesia.
I have ness-e beanie buddy with no mention if what pellets it has
I have 2 that say plastic pellets.
Fortune has different dates on the hang tag to the tush tag,
I have 2 attic babies one does not say what pellets and the other is pvc pellets
2 coconuts but one tush tag doesn’t say the name and is a different colour plus it don’t have sparkly eyes like the other
I have pounds that has a tag attached to the tush tag which says not to be removed until delivered to the consumer Aswell as other legal stuff it’s also written in French Aswell as English
Can anyone help please

Ashley v - 3 September, 2016

I have a squealer with pvc, oriiginal tag, suface and misspelling in poem… “he’ll will”….any idea what it’s worth?

Danielle - 3 September, 2016

I have a Mystic the Unicorn with Daisy’s tag. Iridescent horn, but Daisy’s poem, date of birth and name. Is this worth anything? I’ve never seen this error before.

Didi - 2 September, 2016

I have Daisy the cow with a mystic tush tag. Any thoughts on it?

Pam - 31 August, 2016

I have a Coral fish with a Peanuts
Tush tag. Is it worth anything?

Amanda - 31 August, 2016

I have a Millennium bear that has it spelt wrong it’s spelt “millenium” the tag is great condition and everything I was wondering what the value is on it

Love My Beanies - 3 September, 2016

Most Millennium bears sell in the $5-10 range

Bergie - 25 September, 2016

It us deceptive the beanie baby millennium spelt with one “n” on both the tosh tag and the ear tag plus the spelling of the gostown is gastown misprint range from 29.00 to over 6000.00 who is telling the truth hard to know

Meg - 30 August, 2016

I have a crunch that has a lot of ? and ! space errors in the pattern. Is this common?

Gina - 29 August, 2016

I have an original millennium beanie bear but on the tush tag it says Valentina. I can’t find a single other one with this error online, and it is in pristine condition. Any idea what this is worth?

Love My Beanies - 29 August, 2016

Hello! Errors on tags are fairly common, especially on the Millennium bear. It might be worth slightly more than what a non error version might cost, maybe $1-$10.

Anonymous - 5 September, 2016

I have one just like that. I hope someone knows anything.

Ron Tomson - 29 August, 2016

I have a ‘Blizzard’ (White striped tiger) with the proper “tush tag” – but a ‘Stripes’ swing tag.
Any idea if this is a known error or what may be it’s value?

Love My Beanies - 29 August, 2016

Hello, Errors on tags are fairly common, it’s probably worth slightly more than what a non error Blizzard would cost.

annie - 29 August, 2016

Have seen the following on ebay – some seem expensive

So would like to know if any are rare/any value and what i need to look out for on them to see if they are rare.

Britannia Bear Dec 15th 1997 – Gasport instead of Gosport – with ribbon and union jack sewn on – made in china

Glory Bear – July 4th 1997 with 1998 tush

Mystic – 1993 tush – with Squealer 1993 hang –

Buckingham Buddy – 2000 – many seem to be listed at £15

Magic Buddy – 2002

Love My Beanies - 29 August, 2016

Hello! Those all appear to be very commonly found Beanies, although I wouldn’t know that much about the Beanie Buddies. Mystic’s can have value with 1st Gen Tush Tags.

Noreen - 19 December, 2016

I am sorry but I forgot to add that it has a hologram tush tag. All signs say it is authentic and rare but that 2nd loop tush tag is throwing me way off. Thanks again for any help anyone can do.

Kimberly - 28 August, 2016

Is a soccer bear without the soccer ball on the front of it increase it’s value?

Love My Beanies - 28 August, 2016

It probably would increase its value.

Sabrina White - 30 September, 2016

I just saw one like that, it sold for$125

Ashley Crouser - 28 August, 2016

I have a Valentino with no name on the tush tag, common?

Love My Beanies - 28 August, 2016

There are versions of Valentino that won’t have his name on the Tush Tag, so I’m not sure if it’s one of those or an error.

Don - 28 August, 2016

This might be odd…i have a pinky without the star on tush tag pvc pellets. No tm on tush tag and a leg sewn on backwards. Would this make it rare?

Love My Beanies - 28 August, 2016

The leg sewn on backwards puts it over the top.

Sabrina White - 30 September, 2016

I would have it authenticatied by Peggy Gallagher

Suzette Kepsel - 28 August, 2016

I have a Bucky with Scoop tush tag.

Denny - 28 August, 2016

I have a Wrinkles with a Hoppity Tush Tag, any idea as to it’s worth?

Ellen - 27 August, 2016

I also have 3rd generation Grunt and Radar with “sufrace” instead of “surface” on the tush tags. Again no swing tags. Are they worth anything?

Ellen - 27 August, 2016

I have Iggy and Rainbow with the wrong colors but no swing tags. Iggy has a tongue. Are these worth anything?

Jeanie beanie - 26 August, 2016

i have a Lucky with 2 tush tags. One of them ‘replaces’ one of the legs. So, rather than 6 legs, it has 5 legs. The tag that replaces the leg has an arrow over it pointing to the correctly placed tag.

desirae - 26 August, 2016

I have a Squealer pig but has a seamore tag.

Chris - 24 August, 2016

I have a snort that has a strut tag

Ash - 24 August, 2016

1995 tabasco with SUFRACE instead of surface on the tush tag. brand new condition.

Paul - 24 August, 2016

I have a sly(fox) with the wrong butt(tush) tag, the butt tag says stinky. Funny as it is, I was wondering if anyone else has run into this and any idea as to if it changes the value or not. Thanks

Jackie - 23 August, 2016